Love is......

......patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

9/17/2008

1st day of JROTC...



1 Jar head cap
1 Battle Dress Uniform
1 Pair of size 11 desert boots
3 Hours of ironing
5 minutes in line formation before school starts

Not getting yelled at or embarrased by the Gunney Sgt ..................PRICELESS.

First day of drill for JROTC. Ok, so if any of you remember years ago Cory and I thought we were going to die when Jordan went through his sock fit era.

Morning after morning we would hunker down and listen and watch as he through absolute fits because the seams on his socks didn't line up in his shoes. He would scream that they didn't "feel good". Well, this morning I had horible flash backs of those days. Jordan waited 'till last night to begin preparing his uniform for school today. This morning he was running late, and having trouble getting the belt, pant legs, hat, and shoe strings to be perfect. He wasn't talking much, but we both knew he was nervious about getting called out and embarrased in the line formation.

So all day Cory and I were praying for his spirit and anxiously awaited for him to get home from school so we could get the scoop. He waltzes in and....nothing...no comments no stories, just nothing. Finally Cory asks him how it went, and he says " it was over in 5 minutes, they didn't even look at our uniforms".

All I could think of was man, that was an aweful lot of drama for 5 minutes. We love our TEEENAGER!!!

No comments: