Love is......

......patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

11/30/2008

Trip to the Mountain

We went to visit Granny & Papa in New Mexico for Thanksgiving. It was a long 10 hour drive. The kids were such troopers; they really did a wonderful job both on the way there and back.

Jacie had been praying for snow for over a month and she got her wish. It didn't snow hard, but it snowed. We went up to the ski resort one afternoon and played in some man-made snow for a bit. We weren't totally prepared and our clothes weren't the best for snow playing. I think we might have lasted for 45 minutes or so before we all piled back in the car to go home. Jordan was the lone trooper who would have been fine for us to leave him up there all day.

The next day we went up to the tube shoots. It's like Schlitterbahn in the snow!! We had to pick out our tube, stand in line forever and then enjoy the 1 minute ride. Everyone had a great time. Cory and I rode double with Jacie and Jax for awhile, then Jacie wanted to brave it on her own. I tried to get a pic of her coming down, but her tube turned at the last second. I did get a great shot of Jordan, he was in the air coming off of a jump.

The last night we went to Granny & Papas church program "A walk through Bethlehem". Granny was a Ladivical dancer, and Papa was one of the priests. The kids were in awe as we walked through a re-enactment of Bethlehem during the days Jesus was born.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

No comments: