Love is......

......patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

7/29/2009

Rags to Riches

I often like to watch the HGTV show “Flip this House”. I think it’s amazing to watch a home that has been trashed, aged, and left with no hope restored into a beautiful place ready to welcome a family and begin a new life story. We are walking into a new season of our life and I bet we could could start our own reality show about flipping things inside out…. we like the name “Rags to Riches”.
Over the last 6 months both Cory and I have been led to begin changing our family environment. Our marriage has been restored to amazing heights, Jordan has begun to heal and grow in amazing ways, and now he is calling us to change our entire life routine as we know it today.

Friday will be my last day at Grande. I have had the blessing of working for a wonderful company for over 10 years. I have learned so much more than just telecomm over these last years. And now I am grinning from ear to ear as we step out in faith that the next season of life will hold as many and way more blessings for our family. We have been led to home school this year. And so all three kiddos will begin their new school year in a few weeks. Both Cory and I will continue our classes as well so our home will be oozing with knowledge :~)

We have struggled with the decision of my quitting for several months. I first heard we were to do this in May; however our financial situation was not able to support it. Over the last few months God has brought so many things into our path that made His will very clear for us. When He calls us to something we are to step out in faith… nothing else… He will provide our needs as long as we are doing His will and not ours. Matt 6:25-34. So were giving up the big house, maybe a car, what ever it takes to make this change. And you know what…. the joy we have already begun to have is unbelievable.
He has already begun to show us financially that He is in control. One of the verses he showed me through all of this was 1 Peter 1:17 “…live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear”. We know what were doing is out of the norm, you have NO idea how many people are looking at us with crazy eyes, even some have cautioned us or spoke words of discouragement about our actions. I have to say, it makes me feel great to see and hear all this stuff, because it means we are living different and that’s what he’s calling our family to do.
We love everyone and will try to post more often. Have a great last few weeks of summer!!!!

No comments: