Love is......

......patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

9/29/2008

God's calling!!

God has called me back to the work place and Wednesday will be my first day in an office environment in over a year!! I left the Comptroller's Office in June of 2007 and I will be returning there on the 1st of October (2008), but it will be in a different capacity. He knows the desires of my heart and has placed me in a division that I have PRAYED to be in since he gave me the word to return.......oh, and did I mention he gave me more money to boot!!! God is good!!!....but you guys already know that.



Well, we found a great daycare for Jacie and Jaxson and to get them accustomed to going back we signed them up to start a couple of days early. So, today they were there from 9 - 2 and they had an absolute blast!! Of course Jacie wanted to make sure that Jaxson was taken care of, so she walked him into the class and made sure the teacher knew that we had all of his bags and sheets together.....what would we do without her, huh? ;)



Then it was her time to go to class....her class was outside on the playground and her teacher came right up to her and started talking with her. Jacie was ok at this point and talked to her, as well, but then the teacher made the mistake of calling some of her classmates up to talk with Jacie, as well. Have you ever seen someone throw a piece of bread out to one or two pigeons and then, just a few seconds later, there are 100 others flocked around you?.....that's how this situation played out. It went from two to 12 in a matter of seconds as they hovered around us....that's when Jacie went to the death clamp on my leg. She actually had my blood flow cut off at the femoral artery and I was finally saved by her teacher who saw me about to pass out from the poor circulation and lack of oxygen from being crowded by the kids. She, finally, took Jacie's hand and walked her out to the playground where the rest of her classmates followed close behind. It was a sight to see.

1 comment:

Steph Cherry said...

Congratulations, Cory! We are all excited for what God is going to do with your career.