Love is......

......patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

9/10/2008

Hays Rebel in the House!!!!



We can hardly believe it, we have a kid in High School. Jordan started 9th grade this year and is off to a really great start. He is taking Pre-Ap classes and God has blessed him with a WONDERFUL schedule!! We werer able to meet his teachers this week during back to school night and it's no doubt that God hand picked every one of them just for him. I have never seen so many teachers that seem to really love their job. Every one of them seemed to really be into the kids, they seem to understand the changes that these 9th graders are up against and have implemented ideas on how to help make their transition smoother.

"J" plans to play Basketball, Baseball, and run Track, but right now he's in off-season, which is nice and easy on our schedule. He is also taking ROTC and seems to love it. He has received part of his mandatory uniform (BDUs) and they look real cool. This organization is under the Marine Corps umbrella so you can imagine the culture/environment of his classroom.

So, our family colors are now officially split. We still bleed maroon, but blue and red are now in our wardrobe. Jacie and I got Hays Rebel shirts at the football game last week and she has tried to wear it all week long.

WHOOP & GO REBELS!!

No comments: