Love is......

......patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

10/24/2010

Anyone remember the show Green Acers?

This week there were some things that stuck out to me about country life and I found myself thinking of a childhood summertime TV show, Green Acers. Does anyone one remember that show? The city girl moves to the country and into a whole world she never knew existed.

So did you know that .........

God made some grasshoppers that can jump as high as my head?
A donkey does NOT make the cute little " Hee-Haw" sound that I thought it did?
Horses actually come a runn'en to see a good dog fight?
There are actual trash pick up company's that use their personal NICE trucks to haul it in?


I tell you for each of these things i physically stoped in my tracks with my mouth on the floor in amazement. That donkey sounds like a dieing cow people!! And it is the loudest thing I have ever heard. I mean, it could double for a tornado siren in Oklahoma I'm for sure! And no joke, our neighbors beagles got into a fight, sounded awful. And with in a few minutes there were 20 horses lining the fence to watch! Crazy right?

This place is awesome. I look forward to learning something new each day.

No comments: